Articulate Storyline

Apr 15, 2013

Help. I have just created my first Storyline project and have a couple of issues. The first is that some of my slides have audio and some don't. I want to be able to place an audio icon on the slide so viewers can see it and know that the slide has audio.

The second issue I am having is that the projram I created had several WMV files but when I published the project the videos did not play. I changed the files to MOV files, then to PPTX files but no luck.

Any help you can offer regarding these issues would be great.

2 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Nance!

I'm not quite sure what you're wanting to do with the first thing you mentioned. Are you just wanting to show an image on the slides that contain audio, so users know they need to listen to something? You should be able to do this for each slide that contains audio. 

Again, I'm not sure that's what you're trying to do. If so, you could just insert an image like the one below onto a slide, copy it, then paste it on the other slides that contain audio:

Storyline supports numerous video file formats.  SWF, FLV, and MP4 are natively supported.  Other video file formats will be automatically converted to MP4 when you insert them into Storyline. Try using an MP4 video and see if this improves the playback of your videos. 

* For a list of supported video file formats, click here.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.