Articulate Storyline Error

Jan 17, 2019

Hi Team,

Hope you are all well :)

I'm hoping someone out there can assist. I have recently created a huge compliance module and as i added all the feedback and changes, it now wont save an i receive the below error.

'The project file could not be saved'

Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'Storypackage'

Is there any way passed this? or other ways of saving? 

I'm kind of freaking out as this goes live next week :(

Thanks in Advance

Liz

4 Replies
Gai Tuz

Hi Elizabeth!

The first thing I'd think would be if all other existing files from your previous project are still in the local drive you were working on the first time you published it. I've seen solutions to this by simply using "Save As" to create a completely new file.

Interestingly, there is this very useful set of of troubleshooting steps from a previous post that I suggest you checkout.  Let me know how it goes! :)

Elizabeth Piris

Thank you so much! I have now created a process for myself to make sure i save multiple versions as unfortunately it was completely corrupted.

Luckily I showed my IT guys and they were able to recover a version i saved from a few hours earlier so i used that, about 5hrs of re-work to do but it was better than loosing the entire file (months worth of work!)

Appreciate your help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.