AS360 reduces raw score on revisit

Jan 08, 2018

My raw score is being reduced on re-visit even without re-attempting any quiz elements. The modules records correctly on first visit, but on revisit my raw score is reduced by circa 2-20% on first and then second re-visit, on the third re-visit the raw score is set to 0%. On scorm cloud the "Detailed Activity Report" shows that the module is reducing the score immediately after the content loads (with bookmarking) returning to a non assessment screen so the issue does not seem to relate to re-loading the question draws themselves.

I have created lots of AS360 assessment based modules with no issue, the main difference with this content is that there are 4 draws of fixed questions through the learning content rather than one assessment at the end.

The content was created in AS360 ver: 3.10.139.23 for SCORM 2004 3rd edition.

Has anyone seen this issue or can suggest a solution to my raw score being altered on revisit?

6 Replies
Kevin Greig

Hi Alyssa, as I’m sure you’ve heard before, our learning content is sensitive information so in converting it to Lorem Ipsum this morning I also remove the four videos embedded in the content. I tested this before sending the build file to you and the score issues had gone. I returned to my original file and reduced the vid compression and bitrate from 9 to 7 and from 48 to 40. The resultant file also started to score correctly.
Our scoring issue seems to be related to a corrupt compression of the video. We’re busy testing this theory and narrowing down the cause so I wont trouble you with a build file unless we stumble upon further issues.
Thanks
Kevin

Alyssa Gomez

I've got good news, Kevin! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and it includes a fix for the problem where points from previous question banks were lost when resuming a course.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.