Audio editor

Jun 08, 2016

I recorded a live screen simulation with a voice over. I am now trying to edit the audio but I am inable to select an 'Audio editor' function.  I can only see 'edit video'.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies
John Hinchliffe

I would say the best thing would be to export the screen record as a video. Download Audacity and its function to allow you to subtract the audio from the video. Then in Audacity you can edit it as you please and then you could use something like Movie Maker to paste your video and new audio together.

Hope that helps

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Caroline!

Looks like John has popped in to assist you here.

If you were to export the screen recording video as an MP4 you could likely extract the audio from that as John shared above, but there isn't a way to extract it or modify it entirely within Storyline - as the audio settings here are for audio files, not video files with audio. The video editing options are here, and for the audio it would impact the audio across the entire recording not just a component or section of it. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Caroline!

Not sure if you're reaching out to John on a question about a 3rd party tool or if you were still looking for assistance within Storyline. 

Looks like he is suggesting to export the video and then use a 3rd party tool to split the audio from the video.

Within Storyline: You can export screencasts as MP4 videos, or you can save individual frames as PNG images. See this tutorial for details.

I also wanted to let you know that replying to the forums via e-mail attaches your signature. You are welcome to pop in and edit if needed.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.