Audio files won't play in Storyline 360

Apr 07, 2018

I have been using Storyline 360 but after update this week, my audio wont play.  The audio on the videos is fine but there just dont seem to be any audio files attached to the slides.  The time line still shows "audio 1" but there is no sound and no visible indication.  I tried replacing mp3 files with WAV files.  Did not seem to make a difference.  Please help.  Feeling extremely panicked. 

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Elena,

This discussion is a bit older, and it doesn't appear we heard any more details from Anne. 

Could you share more about: 

- what version and update of Storyline you're using? You can check by going to the "Help" Tab -> "About Articulate Storyline."

did you test out any of the suggestions Matthew already made? 

- are you only having audio issues with audio recorded in Storyline? What about any audio added from an MP3?

- have you checked that you're following along with the best practices outlined here to prevent any odd behavior ultimately leading to corruption? 

Let me know when you're able to share the details above, and we'll be here for continued troubleshooting! 

Elena Fobert

Thanks for getting back to me,

I'm using Storyline 360 v.3.26.1861.0. I am unable to review any .mp3 or .wav files regardless if I record in storyline or import from files.

I can hear the audio without a problem directly from the media library and tried to import from there, still doesn't work. I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall Articulate 360 and Storyline a couple of times.

This issue has been causing significant delays due to the time it is taking to synch audio - I have to use the 'best guess' approach.

Thanks,
Elena

Elena Fobert
eLearning Developer Consultant
www.imprivata.com
10 Maguire Road, Lexington, MA 02421
Imprivata OneSign ranked #1
​for SSO in 2019 Best in KLAS report
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. [ImprivataV12018]

Crystal Horn

Thanks for those details, Elena. That sounds really frustrating. I see that you had a case open with Richard on my team. I've asked our support team to have another look so we can continue working with you!

Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your signature in the discussion forum. Feel free to edit out your contact information here!

Elena Fobert

I found the issue, the setting on my audio mixer was muted for storyline. I’m all set now. Thanks!

Elena Fobert
eLearning Developer Consultant
www.imprivata.com
10 Maguire Road, Lexington, MA 02421
Imprivata OneSign ranked #1
​for SSO in 2019 Best in KLAS report
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. [ImprivataV12018]

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.