Audio in Storyline

Apr 25, 2014

Hello All,

I recently got to open my new storyline software and started to play with it's features. I recorded some quick steps on how to log in to one of our internal applications. When I listened to it, it had an odd static sound behind it. How do I get rid of that so that when I record there is no sound just the steps. I had planned on adding voice over at a later date which I can do but if I just wanted a visual of the steps no sound at all. How is that done?

Thanks,

Carrie

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Carrie and welcome to the community!

If you insert as a step-by-step recording, where learners can follow along with the steps, audio will be removed. You can do this by inserting your recording as a "Try Mode" or "Test Mode" recording. Try will allow learners to follow the steps and with Test, you can test your learners ability to follow the steps in the recording. 

Here's at tutorial that may help:

Inserting or Deleting Screen Recordings

Now, if you just want to insert as a single video, you can actually mute the audio that you've recorded. 

See the following tutorial for more information on modifying an existing recording:

Editing Screen Recordings

For the sound quality, it could be a couple of things. I recommend testing your mic outside of Storyline to test the quality. You may also want to check your sound card drivers, or mic drivers to make sure they're up to date. 

I hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.