Audio Issues

Jan 07, 2015

Hello

I keep getting an issue, where I record some audio into Storyline using a microphone on a headset.  When I come to edit it, it sometimes is distorted.  It is like the audio is repeated over itself.  This happens intermittently.  I could have listened to the audio and edited it previously and it is fine, and then come back to it at a later date and it then has this issue.  I have not found a way to fix it and so have to re-record the audio.  I have done the latest update and have version 8: 1412.921

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ali

5 Replies
Alice Forester

Hi Ashley

Thank you for your response.  I did not know about saving it on your local hard drive.  I will do that from now on and see if it fixes the issue.  It was not one particular file or all the files.  It would be random audio files on different slides in different projects.  They would be fine one minute and when I come back to them they would have distorted.  Fingers crossed this fixes the issue.

Thanks

Ali

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ali,

Random and erratic behavior is one of the symptoms of not working locally, or following along with the other guidelines mentioned there in terms of file name and path as well. To confirm, you'll need to look at how it behaves in a brand new file, as the import doesn't always resolve odd behavior. 

If you're still seeing the odd behavior, your next step will be to go through the repair steps I shared. 

Lynda Thornton - Guelker

I am having this problem as well.  It just started today.  Everything up until now has been great.  I am trying to record a slide in Storyline and it is really distorted. Well, let me back up.  My boss reviewed a file and stated that there was no audio on a particular slide, when I reviewed it there was, but very distorted.  (Which I thought was very odd) I deleted the audio and recorded again.  This resolved the issue.  Now I am trying to record a slide and I am getting the same distortion.  It is not buzzing or noise, it is my voice jumping and cutting out.  I have the same headset I have been using, I am not doing anything different. I have all my updates! When I do a Preview of the slide there is no audio at all.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.