Audio Skipping in Audio Editor in Storyline 360

Jul 11, 2019

When I play audio in the timeline the audio is fine. When I open the audio file in the Audio Editor the audio skips. I've tried this on two separate computers and different files. I'm creating the audio files in Camtasia as a .wav file. This is a more recent issue that I have not had before. Also, my Storyline 360 is not showing any need to be updated. What else should I be looking at? Thank you. 

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear you've run into such trouble, but I have a few other ideas of things to investigate before having you connect with our Support Team

First, can you check that you're on the latest update (Storyline 360, build 3.29.19305.0) You can check by going to the "Help" Tab -> "About Articulate Storyline". If you're not, you'll be able to choose an option to update there.  And, then we can investigate why you weren't seeing those prompts!

I'd also like to have you check that the audio files and .story file you're working on are saved locally and adhere to the other guidelines here. Not working locally has been known to cause some odd behavior, so that could explain the skipping. 

Let me know if either of those ideas help and if not I can set you up in a case with our Support engineers (or you can start one here)! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.