Audio synching in slide layers - SL360

Mar 05, 2020

Hi,

With the latest SL360 update, I am observing a weird behavior. I have a slide with 3 slide layers. Each layer has audio. I need to synch the OST with the audio in these layers. When I play the audio in say, slide layer 1, the audio plays but the arrow head remains at the start in the timeline. In case I push the head to a specific position on the timeline to play, it jumps to the start and always starts from the beginning. Sometimes the head is stuck at the start of the timeline that I can't even create cue points to synch my OST.

I have never noticed this behavior before.

Please help.

Thanks

Sajna

6 Replies
Sajna Thomas

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for responding. Though I manually managed with the synching, the issue I mentioned persists. 

I checked your SL file. It has videos in all 3 layers and it played fine at my end too...

I am attaching my SL with 2 slides for you to check.

1) Play the audio in the layer and check the timeline. Sometimes  the play head is at the start itself and the audio continues to play

2) Place the play head at a specific point on the timeline and play. It will jump to the start and play.

Thanks

Sajna

Katie Riggio

Greetings, Sajna!

Thank you for sharing your set-up with us! 

Here's a quick video of my test during preview in Storyline 360, Build 3.37.21614.0, where the audio and timeline appear to work correctly.

Do you experience both behaviors during preview, in the published output, or both? Let me know, and we'll work on our next steps from there!

Katie Riggio

Thanks for those extra details, Sajna! 

I can now see the problem: In the first slide's timeline for each layer, the audio restarts when unpausing. (The second slide seems to play correctly.)

Let me consult with our Engineers regarding this behavior so that we can try to determine the cause. Thanks for bringing this head-scratcher up!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.