Background music in Articulate 360

Mar 16, 2018

Hello,

Does Articulate still not support background music? I have 360 and have tried the work around proposed by Emily Ruby, and my problem with that solution is the music keeps playing continuously in the background even when the learner pauses the player. Does the community have any suggestions on how to deal with that issue? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a newer newer solution out there that does not requiring using additional software?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam Kpakiwa

5 Replies
Samuel Kpakiwa

Hello Leslie,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I researched this issue as best as I could before starting this post and I am aware of the thread that you just referenced. Though I am not at LMS testing just yet, I think Emily's trick should work there too.

My issue is not with the trick working, it's that the player has no idea that there is any background music. So when I pause the player the music just keeps playing. This will be a problem for my client. So I was checking to see if there is some new trick or some modification to this one that allows the Articulate player (in this case 360) to pause the background music in sync with the course material.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information from me. Thanks again, Leslie.

Marco Lara

And how can i let te user decide to level up, down or turn off the audio? also in my Project i'm gonna includes some videos with sound, so i need to turn off the music in some slides. Now how can i control this preferences? Incredible that storyline has a lot of opportunities, and still have won award for the best program for E-Learning. Many things that can not be done directly from the program, it helps enough that there is a community that gives us tricks, but currently there are programs like Captivate that if they have these options without the need to resort to tricks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.