Basic Laptop For Storyline 360 Work

Sep 19, 2019

Hi there. I'm working from a MacBook these days & it just seems like using Articulate 360 on a mac is more trouble than it's worth. Does anybody work from a very basic windows machine for Storyline work? What kind of machine specs do I need to keep in mind as I look to purchase a storyline-only workhorse? 

3 Replies
Georvy Sacramento

Hi Megan,

I am currently using an old HP pavilion  laptop (2013) with Intel core i5 processor (1.8ghz) with 2gb ram and around 200gb of storage, still working just fine for Storyline 360. 

Since you're looking at mainly for Storyline use, I think any new Intel core i5 or even core i3 (8th gen) should be fine.

But to be safe, here is the below link for minimum system requirements for reference:

https://articulate.com/support/article/System-Requirements-for-Articulate-Storyline-360

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Georvy

Jin Bang

Hi Megan,

I'm sorry to hear that you find using Articulate 360 on a mac troublesome. I wish I could tell you that i know what it feels like using Storyline 360 on a macbook is but I'm currently travelling and only have a windows machine with me. What I can tell you though is that my windows machine is leaps and bounds slower than my macbook, but it runs Storyline 360 good enough to maintain my productivity.

Articulate describes the minimum system requirements on this page: https://articulate.com/support/article/System-Requirements-for-Articulate-Storyline-360#hardware

And the machine I'm using runs on a 2nd generation i3 and 4GB of ram. You can find a reference of the specs here.

I saw the other discussion you started and I see that you simply want to get everything running from the windows installer. Fair enough. Almost all laptops running an intel i3 being sold today (mine's a 7 year old machine) would suffice. To get the most of the machine, opt for one that has a Solid State Driver (SSD) and expandable ram.  The SSD allows for faster boot times and make apps load faster, and the additional ram would give you enough headroom for multitasking or handling large projects.

Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.