Blank Preview - Flash Payer V. 20.0.0.286 - Storyline 1 v.10 - Build 1509.1408

Jan 28, 2016

Preview function no longer works for me in Storyline 1 v.10

Hello E-Learning Heroes!!

The story so far - I came to work this morning and my computer updated itself again...always an anxious way to start the day.

Started up my version of Storyline 1 and it seems Preview only shows a blank screen now. I've updated my Flash Player but to no avail.
Seems like a common occurrence and searched the forums here, tried their suggestions and it still seems broken.

I uninstalled then reinstalled Storyline with the latest updates. Still to no avail.

Not sure what else I can do, as my organization will not downgrade to a lower version of Flash/Java for security issues.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

You're friendly neighbourhood Instructional Designer,

Wyeth

12 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Wyeth!

Here is our documentation on the previous issue:

A bug has been identified in Adobe Flash Player 20.0.0.267 that breaks features in many applications, including Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Articulate Studio. For example, in Storyline:

* You'll see a blank screen when you preview a project.
* The preview area of the player properties window is blank.
* The timeline preview feature doesn't work.
* You can't preview videos, Flash movies, or web objects.
* You can't edit videos.
* You can't import Engage interactions into Storyline courses.

The good news is Adobe and Microsoft have fixed the issue in recent updates. Follow the steps in this article for your version of Windows to fix the problem.

Sounds like you are continuing to have difficulty, and I would advise that you work directly with our support team here as I've not seen newer issues reported.
Wyeth Krauchi

Thanks Leslie and Eloisa for all your help!

Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Player did solve this problem.

Copied from Elosia's support email:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for contacting Articulate Support!

I understand that a blank page shows when previewing your course.

I have updated to Flash Player 20.0.0.286 and with the latest Storyline1 update, preview displays the course as expected on my side.

If you are on Windows 7, please do the following steps. If you are on Windows 8 or higher, please proceed to Step3.

1) In Internet Explorer, follow the steps in this article to uninstall Adobe Flash Player:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

2) In Internet Explorer, install a fresh copy of Adobe Flash Player here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash

3) Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this article to fix unexpected or erratic behavior in Articulate Storyline:

http://articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=gdz9t4lj0g7w

Please note that Articulate software must be installed with full administrative privileges. If you're not an administrator on your computer, please ask your IT staff for assistance. On the other hand, Articulate software must be activated with a valid serial number by the person who will be using it. Administrative privileges are not necessary for activation.

It is also recommended to temporarily disable your antivirus software, if installed, to avoid possible conflicts during installation.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.