Blurry images and screen recordings on Storyline 360

Jun 03, 2020

Hi guys

I am struggling with the quality of my content i.e my imported images and screen recordings appear blurry on the storyboard and when publishing. Any suggestions on how to overcome this? 

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello!

I'm happy to help!

Would you mind sharing more about what images and videos you're importing?

Here are a few questions to get us started:

• Are you using jpg files or png?
  • Have you tried importing an image from the Content Library? If so, are those images blurry as well?
  • Are you using an external monitor when recording your screen? We've noticed that using an external monitor can compromise the quality of screen recordings. To fix this, we recommend simply unplugging the external monitor while recording the screen.
  • Lastly, are you resizing the image at all? If so, is this when they become blurry?

I'm eager to find the fix!

Matthew Shepard

I typically record using the Recording screen option through Storyline (same as described in this process). There isn't any resizing done to fit slide content. Usually my videos are blurrier than my step by step processes, but both are still blurry.

I appreciate the article. Yes my screen resolution matches the 16:9 setting I defined the Storyline file to be. Typically I'm not switching between software but if I do I will reference the bonus tip. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.