Blurry images in Storyline 360 November 2021

Nov 23, 2021

Support says it's a bug. But I don't understand why isn't everyone complaining about blurry images here? I can't believe hundreds of users are suffering in silence, so am I the only one?

94 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi, Mark.

Storyline supports uncompressed MP4 videos in published output. This applies to the three most common MP4 profiles: baseline, main, and high.

If the Compression property is grayed out, it means your video was created with a different profile or it has been edited with Storyline's built-in video editor.

Lucas Wolf

Hey Mark, I know what you are talking about. Justin is not really correct. I worked with Videos a lot in WBTs and it has a buggy behavior sometimes. You need to delete the Video (altough you didnt touch it with the storyline edit tools), save the project file and then reupload the video again on the slide. Atleast for me it worked.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone.

I have great news to share!

We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 63, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

We improved how Storyline 360 handles images during import and in the published output, resulting in crisper images.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Mark Kirby

Hi Diarmaid

Have you tested the new release? I'm just publishing my work and too nervous to switch and find other things are broken. You did some great analysis earlier this year and just wondering if this is (as SR-71 designer Kelly Johnson would have said) a problem killed or if it's just wounded....? Obviously we switch to Monty Python for the latter, "come back, I'll bite your ankles"

Diarmaid Collins

Oh, gosh no! I NEVER update to a new release. I am always 2 versions behind because I learned my lesson a while back - Articulate roll out new features and attempt to fix bugs but ALWAYS break something else.

I am more Brave Sir Robin than the Black Knight. If someone more adventurous and braver than us could report back that would be welcome! :)

John Fanely

Now once the brave soul (whomever that may be) verifies ALL issues have been fixed, and we start screaming: "A Witch! She's a Witch!" please do not be alarmed or offended.

Tis merely the reaction of happy nerds expressing that the impossible has finally been made possible! (Insert tongue in cheek)

Justin Grenier

Really sorry to hear this, Randy!

Can you please send us a copy of (1) your .story project file and (2) the original image file?

We've essentially stopped touching images upon publish unless you explicitly ask us to reduce quality, so we'd love to take a closer look at what might be going on here!

Randy Simmons

Hi,

I am unable to send a storyline file as it is too large for our restrictions. I have attached the original image and a link to the review 360 file.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/53fe95e8-2eb6-497e-b6fc-f6b3c75478ed/review

Hope this helps. Thanks!
Randy Simmons, M.Ed., CRCR
Senior Revenue Cycle Solutions Educator
randy.simmons@experianhealth.com
(239) 777-9673 cell
http://www.experian.com/health
[cid:image001.jpg@01D8647A.893B9240]

We use data-driven insight
to connect and simplify
healthcare for all

Justin Grenier

Thanks for your reply, Randy.

The send us hyperlink in my previous reply was linked to a Support Case submission form so that you don't need to (1) share private content in a public forum or (2) submit a large .story project file via email.  You may want to click the View button at the bottom of this notification email message so that you can edit your private information out of the E-Learning Heroes community.  🙂

No worries, though!  I have submitted a Support Case on your behalf and my team will reach out to you directly with an upload link so that we can help you troubleshoot.  At first glance, it looks like you may be scaling a larger screen capture down to a much smaller image on the slide (which may cause blurriness), but we'd love to take a closer look with you.  Expect to hear from us very soon!

Justin Grenier

Thanks for checking in, Lisa!

About 3 weeks ago, we released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 63, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

We improved how Storyline 360 handles images during import and in the published output, resulting in crisper images.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.