Bookmark in Storyline 360

Jun 12, 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm using Storyline 360.

In the "Resume on restart" option, I have selected "Prompt to resume".

After publication, it works fine on my computer.

But when I publish my course in SCORM 2004  2nd edition, this option does not work anymore and the course always restart at the beginning.

Any tip to solve that problem ?

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Clotilde,

Sorry about this, and I'm glad you reached out. We're working on an issue where LMS courses relaunch to slide 1 with no prompt to resume, and it sounds like that's what you're seeing as well.

We've found that this is only affecting the HTML5 output, so you shouldn't see the same thing happen in the Flash output.

I'll be sure to add your experience to the report, and I'll update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for letting us know what's going on, and I'm sorry if it's causing you headaches! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Clotilde! 

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how we fixed the issue where an HTML5 course wouldn't always resume as expected in an LMS.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Hi M,

I haven't seen mention of this issue resurfacing - but I'd be happy to take a look at your course or help you with testing? If you'd like to give it a test outside your LMS that'll be the first step in troubleshooting. You can use a site such as SCORM Cloud, and there are directions on how to set this up here. 

If you run into the same problems there, can you share a copy of your .story file with me?

Prospect Digital

Hi Ashley, I've attached a cut down test file.

2 problems:

1. When uploaded to the scormCloud I get this error message:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below".

My older Stortyline 2 files (uploaded to scormCloud) are all ok and 'pop up' fine.

2. As previously post. When published for Flash/html5/AMP works on mobile/tablet and desktop fine (the "resume" feature). But when published Html5/Flash/AMP the "resume" seems to work for mobile but not on desktop. 

Hi M,

Can you share your .story file vs. the output folder? Then I can take a look at all your settings and publish myself. 

Also, is this happening to you only in Storyline 2 or Storyline 360 as well? The error message you shared matches something we fixed in an earlier update of Storyline 2 so you'll want to make sure you're using the latest update here. 

Prospect Digital

Hi Ashley, I've attached the .story.

It was a Storyline 2 course that was converted to 360. Maybe (just a thought) I will have to update the storyline 2 course and then update to 360..  But, just tried that and still no result. The html5/Flash will not "resume" when playing in html5 thru chrome on desktop. (I've lso tried Explorer)

Alyssa Gomez

Hi M, thanks for allowing me to take a look at your file! 

I published for LMS with HTML5/Flash Fallback and AMP with Tin Can API. I hosted the file on SCORM Cloud for testing--you can have a look at a screen recording of my testing here. 

Please test your file on SCORM Cloud using this link, and let me know if you don't see a prompt to resume. I'll be standing by! 

Prospect Digital

Thanks Alyssa,

I had tested it on Scorm cloud previously  as you have, and yes all works fine.  I will contact our LMS provider/team as the problem appears to be backend. 

The only thing i find strange is that when I output as above and go to "view" the course.. it opens in a browser and will not resume. If outputted for Flash/html5 it does resume when viewed locally in browser.

Regards

Alyssa Gomez

Hi M, 

I'm glad to hear that it's working well on SCORM Cloud!

Clicking the "View" button after publishing will play the published output on your local computer. If you're testing the content locally, you may be encountering security and browser restrictions which can cause features to fail. 

Instead, test the content in it's intended environment to ensure it's working properly! 🙂

Prospect Digital

Just found two more glitches with the html5/Flash  output. Both of them have been identified by other developers on this community:

1. When publishing html5/Flash, video screen (and one before)  stalls

2. Drag /drop issues when turning on "shuffle". 

We've checked them on ScormCloud and stil same issue.. 

We are going back to Flash/html output for now as seems unstable.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi M, 

Can you tell me more about how the video is stalling in HTML5? If you could provide a sample file or a Peek screen recording of the behavior, that would be helpful, too!

We have seen problems with the freeform drag and drop interaction when using the "Shuffle Answers" setting, and our team is looking into this issue further. I'll definitely add your experience to that report and share an update here if I get any new information. Thanks for letting us know that this bug is affecting you--that really helps us with prioritization!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.