Branching Scenario

Jul 28, 2020

I'm struggling to understand why my branching scenario isn't working. I'm wondering if it because I have some of the markers going to layers and other markers going to a new slide. My variable is set up, but it is not going to the knowledge check slide.

Any suggestions? I'd love advice on how to make this work. Thank you!

7 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

Your trigger needs to be reset. You have it set to jump to the slide when the variables changes to 5. However, they may come to the slide with the variable at 5 so it is not triggering because it's not changing to 5.

The trigger should be to jump to slide when the timeline of the slide starts on the condition that the variable is = 5.

You have some other considerations because some of the content is on layers and some on slides. I'd put them all on slides because when they leave the slide and come back it reloads the slide which will trigger the timeline starts. If it's on a layer, you're already on the slide so it may not reload the slide to set the trigger.

L'Oreal Battistelli, MSIDT

What's the best way to design a branching scenario if you're displaying one topic, two branches (good choice, poor choice) and four category responses in each choice?

I'm rusty at branching, so I provided "good" choice and "poor" choice on each slide, and created branded icon/buttons that allows users to click to view the multiple responses of one category at a time. How could I branch all four categories on one slide?

I originally created slides, but each response changes a character state and pose ... Would I use a variable?

Thanks!