Buggered by Problematic Trapping & Variables
My customer would like to use "open navigation", but also provide "trapping" and a gentle nudge to learners who cut the corner and attempt to access the Conclusion slide before they've consumed all content.
I'm having a heckuva time working out the variables... the "Unfinished Business" reminder on the menu/tracking slide either doesn't show when it should, or shows when it shouldn't! (as is the case in the attached story)
- Track completion of content visually for learner.
- Show a "Conclusion" slide telling them they've finished.
- Show them a prompt ("Unfinished Biz" layer) if they skip content and prematurely access the Conclusion.
- DON'T show them the prompt if they get back in line and resume dutiful consumption of the content.
The displayed variable references I'm using to troubleshoot the problem seem to indicate the variables are as they should be, but the program seems to ignore the logic. (I know, of course, I've not programmed the correct logic, but I don't see where I've gone wrong).
In the attached story, the "ClickedThru2Conclusion" variable detects the Learner cutting to the finish line (clicking on Conclusion in the Nav Menu). I attempt to re-set this variable after the Unfinished Biz layer catches them/prompts them, with the idea they will not see it again if they complete the content. I've set one of the 3 chapters (PhoneReimb) to "Completed" to simulate a learner already partially complete with the course.
- In Scene 1, I've tried to solve this using Variables (preferred method).
- In Scene 2, I've tried to solve this using Button States.
Can anyone see where I've gone wrong, or advise another way to achieve the same desired end? (other than hiding the Conclusion in the Nav Menu!)