Burmese and Korean letters/signs not working after latest update of SL360

Nov 15, 2019

Hi everyone,

I am working at the moment on a project which is going to be translated into 14 different languages. So the learner will have the choice of one of 14 different subtitles. 7 of them are written with special letters/signs: Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Korean, Nepali, Tadjic and Urdu.

Before updating SL360 to the latest version it was all working out nicely. All languages appeared the right way using one of the system fonts (in my case Arial). Yesterday I updated Storyline to the latest version and now Burmese and Korean are not shown properly in working space, preview or export no matter which font I use (see the attachment).

After opening the same .story in SL3 everything appeared correctly again.

The client I am producing the WBT for asked me in advance if it is possible to have the training running in those special languages. So I tried it out and confirmed that it will be working. Afterwards he also bought SL360 so that he can update the training himself if necessary in the future. He doesn't have SL3 and so I have to produce and deliver for SL360.

Can you please tell me what to do to make it work or fix this yourself.

Thanks for any advice/help.

Vera

8 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Vera!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Unfortunately, we've noticed the same issue on our end where Korean text is displayed incorrectly post Update 33. I'm adding your comments to the report to give our team more content to look into. Would you mind sharing your file as well? 

You can do so by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Vera,

What version of Storyline are you currently using? 

I recommended Update 30 to you in your case and the minimum version requirement on December 2nd will be Update 30.

This is specific to the Articulate 360 Desktop app and not Storyline 360, so you should be able to continue working on your projects.

We'll be sure to share any additional updates we have regarding the issue reported here.

Lauren Connelly

Hi everyone!

One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 subscription is that you get continuous updates when new features and bug fixes are available.

I'm happy to report that we just released Update 37 (Build 3.37.21453.0) for Storyline 360 which includes the fix for the way Korean text was garbled after previous updates.

Now, all you need to do is update!

To install the newest update for the Articulate 360 desktop app, simply click the blue Update button in the top right corner. The update will automatically download and install without any additional prompts.

If you run into any trouble, please let us know in this discussion!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.