Button States

May 08, 2015

I want to be able to have a button change states so that the use can turn on or off an object and to have the button reflect this with off and on written on it. I have set up a button to say off on its visited state.

So that when the use clicks it when it says on it will turn something on and then change to say off so the user knows that if they click it again with off on the button it will turn what ever the button turned on, off and then change to say on again. 

I have been scratching my head as to how to do this to no avail. 

7 Replies
Philip Landry

Hello;

Prob. have asked this before but for some reason cant figure out the best way to do this.... I have a slide with 4 buttons that I want visited in sequence that are triggered from disabled to normal when the previous button is clicked so that only one button and branch can be visited. This slide is set to resume saved state. The initial button state is changed to normal after the intro media completes and then the buttons activate the other 3 in sequence. The buttons branch to difference slide sets.  When previewing the project I am getting the next button to turn normal but the previous button is still branching but it just goes to the slides I skipped on the preview ? Anyway is there a "best" way to accomplish this ? I am assuming that I am missing something on the mechanisms of triggers and returning to a saved state slide... any help greatly appreciated. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Philip,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you would like to create with your course.

I'd be happy to help you out with that.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file (even importing a sample) to see what you've created so far. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Steven,

This conversation is a bit dated, but we'd love to help you out with this.

Here is our documentation on button states if that's helpful to you or anyone following along as well.

What is the question that you have? 

Having access to a .story file is a powerful tool that we regularly recommend though :)

If you have a project file that you need some assistance with, please feel free to share.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.