Can articulate do these things?
Im new to SCORM and articulate. I am going to build an eLearning website for university students from scratch. I am trying to choose an authoring tool that best suits what I am trying to do. I was wondering if anybody can help me out? Can articulate (storyline, presenter or both) do these things:
1) Add custom buttons to the player that can do the following:
a) Bookmarks – I want the student to be able to ‘bookmark’ the slide they are on in the SCORM module, and communicate this to the LMS (probably will be moodle). Ie, if a student wants to return to a slide later (eg because it has a complex formulae they want to look at again), they can bookmark this and then later select this from a ‘bookmark’ list in the LMS. Importantly, the bookmark should be to the SCORM package and ‘slide number’, to allow for one bookmark list with bookmark ‘links’ to slides in several SCROM modules.
b) I also want the student to be able to ‘report’ a slide in a SCORM package (ie open a lightbox with a textbox for commenting on a particular slide). Again, this would require the slide number and SCORM module name to be passed to the reporting box so that this could be emailed (or otherwise passed somehow) to the teacher (eg if a student wanted to comment on content directly to the teacher).
2) Quizes within the SCORM are reported to a gradebook or similar (seems to be a fairly standard feature of most authoring tools)
3) The player should have a ‘progress bar’ to say how far through that SCORM module the student is, and to allow easy navigation. (ie: not the same as the seek bar which, as I understand it, just looks at the progress through that individual slide)
4) Similar to points 2 and 3, I want to make a button in the LMS for ‘pick up where you left off’ – which will direct students to the SCORM module and slide they were last on when they log into the LMS. Is it possible to report to the LMS where the student left off, and restart here?
5) HTML5 for use on mobile devices.
I know this is quite a tall order in terms of features. Particularly the linking to particular slides and modules is important. Can anyone with experience of articulate tell me if it can do these things?
Many thanks in advance for any help with this.