Can screen recordings be pushed behind objects located on master slides?

May 18, 2018

I would like a menu created on a master slide to appear in front of some screen recording slides. Can this be done? Can the screen recording be pushed to the back behind any objects that are located on the screen recording master slide? I can work around this by copying/pasting the menu and all it's layers onto the individual screen recording slides, but would really rather avoid this for obvious reasons!

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anthony,

Slide masters and Step by step screen recordings both act as a background element of a Storyline slide, so you can only use one or the other. You could look at copying the slide master elements to a layer over your screen recording - make sure it's set to show the layer when timeline starts and that the settings allow a user to click on the base layer and slide layer.

Hope that helps!

Anthony Beare

Thank very much Michael, that's a great work around that I'd not thought of. However, I don't seem to be able to make it work...would you mind having a look at the attached file for me please? I've stripped everything out that doesn't apply so should be easy to navigate.

Many thanks.

Anthony Beare

Hi Ashley,

That's a great workaround, and should work for me but for whatever reason the objects on the new layer on the master slide aren't appearing when I exit master view. Would you mind having a look at the attached file and let me know if you can see what the issue is?

Many thanks,

Anthony

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.