Can Storyline360 support 360 videos?

Jan 11, 2018

Hi,

Do you know if Storyline 360 will support 360 videos within a slide on storyline so the end user can move the video around?

Thanks

Ant

13 Replies
Anthony Rich

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to add a YouTube video using web object and when I test the link I'm getting the message "The web address you entered cannot be displayed in a frame.  In order to function properly, this web object must be set to open in a new browser window"

Am I doing something wrong as I want it to open in the slide?

THanks

Ant

Michael Hinze
Anthony Rich

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to add a YouTube video using web object and when I test the link I'm getting the message "The web address you entered cannot be displayed in a frame.  In order to function properly, this web object must be set to open in a new browser window"

Am I doing something wrong as I want it to open in the slide?

THanks

Ant

Check this thread here.

Nicole Avarello

Hi Michael, I'm having trouble loading my 360 YouTube video into Storyline. How did you get it to work? When I load the embed link, it looses the 360 functionality and plays flat. The 360 functionality is actually only playing Chrome and not IE for my video, so maybe it was uploaded wrong? Do you have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Nicole Avarello

Thanks Michael, after comparing your file to mine, I found that the "Web Object link" will not work, but the other two options will work: "Web Object Embed" and "Video Embed Code".

We are still experiencing issues with the 360 functionality playing properly on some IE browsers (Windows 10 seems to play fine, but older operating systems and IE programs unwrap the 360 video to a wide flat image). Have you noticed that? It is only playing properly in Chrome. Have you found any other solutions to that other than telling learners to go through the entire eLearning in Chrome?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.