Can't preview or publish

Jan 21, 2018

hi,

Some of my projects in SL2 can't be published or previewd.

Attached is the error displayed when publishing or preview.

Thank you in advanced for your help.

4 Replies
Deepak Mohanty

Hi,
While it's difficult to tell why this is happening - in one of my recent project I was unable to publish the .Story to Word. The project was in my D-Drive, then I moved that to "C" and it started running fine. Not sure though why it was behaving as such. 

As far as preview is concerned, try to change the font of the project to something common. 

If this doesn't solve your issues, then an Articulate Hero or the Staff can certainly help you out. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Vered,

Were you working off of a network/shared drive as Deepak mentioned? If so, I'd look also at importing that file into a new version that is saved locally and check these other best practices for working on Storyline files. 

Also, when you're seeing items that can't be previewed or published, is it the same objects throughout?  I wasn't able to see anything in your error attachment - it was just a text file with some Chinese characters. If you'd like to share your .story file with us, we can always test previewing/publishing it ourselves too.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Vered,

I am not sure what that error report says of course, but if you're only having difficulty publishing some projects and not all, then the issue may be project specific.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If you are still unable to publish, please share one of the .story files you are experiencing trouble with and we can take a look.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.