Can't Publish in Articulate 360

Dec 05, 2017

I can't publish any of my Articulate 360 files (to Articulate 360) because it says that my filename or path are too long.

17 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Janet.  I'm investigating with my Articulate Review experts to get a better understanding of why you're getting that message.

Your file name above is actually 53 characters (including .story) - so I might be confused about what you were counting when you got 19. I also noticed that the title when publishing for Articulate Review, CADSbase: Persons & Codes (Pt 2: Marriage, Salutations, Children, Relationships), has many characters as well (80 total). As I mentioned, however, I'm getting some clarification on how that matters when publishing directly to Articulate Review.

I also got the error message when publishing to Articulate Review (after having saved your attachment within a few folders on my desktop).  I changed the title and the saved file name to be much shorter, and I was able to successfully publish.

If you can go with a shorter title and file name, try a new name and let me know if that works for you in the meantime.  I'll keep you in the loop about what the limitations should be.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Janet, 

Sorry for the delay here in getting back to you. As Crystal mentioned we saw it as an issue with the title and file name, and our team narrowed down the cause. 

When you publish to Articulate 360, a temporary version of your course is generated on your local computer. If the file path for this temporary copy is too long, you'll see the publishing error. Here's how you can avoid the error and successfully publish to Articulate 360:

1) Open your project and click the Publish button.

2) Before you publish to Articulate 360, select the Web tab on the left side of the publish dialog and shorten the Web title to a single letter.

3) Then switch to the Articulate 360 tab on the left side of the publish dialog and enter the course title as you want it to appear.

4) Complete the process to publish to Articulate 360.

If you need to publish Web output later, you can switch the Web title back to what it was.

Also, we're still looking into a fix for this - so we'll keep you posted here! 

Hi Janet,

That fix I mentioned is live in Articulate 360 today - You can see the Storyline 360 release notes here, and if you're ready to update launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Basudha  Das

I am getting an error in Articulate 360, while publishing.

Have tried almost all the solution given:

• Save the file in a  different location and publish
  • Save the file with a smaller name and publish
  • change the name in web tab and then publish in Articulate 360.
  • Updated my articulate today itself.

nothing work!!... I have a client delivery today. what do I do now???

My story file is too heavy it has a lot of video and audio in all slides, with 45 slides, questions slides and heavy graphics.  Is that the reason?? 

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for testing out all those steps, and it sounds like you're in a real bind! Do you want to send us the file so we can get started testing? 

While our team takes a look, you could also confirm if it's just this one file or any file in Storyline. If you're seeing any file error out, try repairing Storyline first and ensuring that all your project files adhere to the guidelines here.

Also, what's the error message you're seeing? That will help us narrow down the issue further! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.