Can't publish to word

Sep 13, 2017

I have recently taken the latest 360 update and have tried to publish a current piece of work to word but now have the following error message:

"The folder "Who are the FCA and what do they expect of firms" - storyline output is read only being used by another process or you don't have the proper security permission to access this resource.

This has not happened before and I have been able to publish to word previously.

Your help would be appreciated.

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Good news! The publish-to-Word feature in Storyline 360 and Studio 360 that temporarily stopped working has been fixed. Just install the latest software update. Here's how.

If Articulate 360 doesn't notify you right away about the new update, open your Articulate 360 desktop app, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile picture in the upper right corner, then choose "Check for Updates."

Thanks for your patience while our team worked on this! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Colin! I'm happy to help, and I have a few questions to start:

• Do you have Word installed on your computer? You mentioned using Office 365 -- is it the Web-based version or is it installed locally?
  • Do you see an error message when attempting to publish to Word? 
  • Is publishing to Word the only publishing method causing you trouble? 
  • Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360 (Update 20)?

We'll figure out our next steps from there! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.