Cannot copy-paste while file is exporting for translation
Apr 18, 2018
Hello, this is my first post in this forum, and before I contact Support I'd like to ask you about an issue I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.
How to replicate it:
- Create a new Storyline presentation, or use an existing one — it doesn't matter, as the issue affects all files I've seen so far. Prefer a text-heavy file so it'll be easier to notice the bug.
- Export the file to translation into Word format (File > Translation > Export to Word).
- While the file is exporting, try to copy-paste anything on your computer, doesn't matter where and what: a file, a folder, text from a web page/Excel/Word etc., anything. You'll notice that it doesn't work! You can't copy-paste anything while Storyline is exporting a file for translation into Word.
- Configuration: Windows 10, 8 GB RAM, Storyline version 3.3.15007.0
- I don't know if this also affects the Export to XLIFF function; I never have time to try and copy-paste text, as the export to XLIFF is almost instant.
- I replicated the bug on a new software installation on a new machine, which makes me think it's part of the software.
- Amazingly, the bug affects your own computer even if you're doing the export on another computer via remote control!
This is frustrating, as we get a lot of lengthy Storyline files to translate for our customers, and this means I can't work properly on anything else while Storyline is doing the export. (And using XLIFF instead of Word is not an option.)