Cannot edit text when importing PowerPoint file into Storyline360

Jan 28, 2020

Is anyone else having an issue with the inability to edit text when importing a PowerPoint file to Storyline360? All of my text comes in as images. I can't edit the text, which means I can't use the Text to Speech function. I've been trying to figure this out for several days now. Articulate Support tells me I need to copy the text into notepad and reinsert into the PowerPoint presentation in lieu of using the Master Slide template. Considering I have numerous presentations representing hundreds of slides, this just won't work. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
Kevin Nolty

Ren, do you know what the tips were for this fix? I started having trouble with this recently and I'm assuming that the PPT might need to be adjusted before importing. However, I did go back and made this PPT very simple, and not sure why the import is still converting the text to images in Storyline 3. Attached is a copy of the PPT. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ren Gomez

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out! And I'm happy to share the tips Jan gave Jessica in her case:

• Remove the objects from the Timeline one by one to find which element is breaking the slide.
  • If you modified the slide size under the Design tab, try setting it to the default 4:3 ratio and see if that fixes the issue.
  • If it is a broken format, importing the slides to a clean Powerpoint project before importing it to Storyline usually clears it up.

I replicated the issue using your file, so I've opened a case on your behalf to have our support engineers take a closer look at your file and what happens during import. Once they're done testing, they'll reach out with next steps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.