Cannot Get Resources to Launch with Keyboard Input -- 508 Help Please!

Jan 09, 2015

Hello Heroes,

I'm working a course that must be 508 compliant. I can navigate around the player to get to the resources tab by tabbing to it with my keyboard.

I hit the Enter key to activate the Resource pull-down menu.

I can use the up and down arrow keys to select the resource (web link of attached document).

If I hit the Enter key again, nothing happens. How do I select the highlighted resource to "activate" it using only my keyboard?

8 Replies
Sam Hernandez

I can't get it to work after the first slide. I can tab through all the sections in the first slide, and towards the end of the cycle it highlights 'Resources' yellow, so I can press enter or space bar and view/select any resources listed. However, once I get past that initial screen although the resources option is still in view and clickable; I can't tab to it. Has anyone come across this issue? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

This discussion is a bit older, so I'd want to know a bit more about your set up and environment in which you're seeing this behavior. What update and version of Storyline are you working with? (You can check by going to the Help tab and clicking About Articulate Storyline)? Are you viewing the Preview or Publish to see this behavior? If testing the Published output are you seeing this while viewing locally or have you uploaded to a web server or LMS? What browser are you viewing it in once uploaded? Do you have a link to the course that you're able to share with us to also test out? 

Sam Hernandez

Thanks for the prompt response, Ashley. I'm using Storyline 2 update 5.

I've previewed it within Storyline, published it to Tempshare, and tested it using Chrome, FIrefox, and IE. Here's the link. I get the same response from all.

I can highlight Resources on the first slide, but not any of the others.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

We're now on Update 11 of Storyline 2 - so my first recommendation would be to look at updating! You can read the release notes and find the download here.  I'd look at updating first and then republishing the course and if it's still not working we'll want to take a look at your .story file which you can attach here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.