7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pia, 

I can see that you’re still struggling with publishing since you reached out here and in this other discussion.  I’d love to help.  

I took your file from the other discussion and went through with publishing it to Articulate 360. It took a while to publish, and then at the very end I got the same error message. I was able to publish other files to Articulate Review normally. 

Can you confirm that you're working on local project files - as working off a network/shared drive is known to cause issues and odd behavior, and ultimately lead to file corruption? 

Hi Cecile,

If you're running into the same issue, I'd also advise seeing if it's this one file or all the files you're attempting to publish. You may want to look at going through the repair of Storyline 360, if it's happening on all your files.

If it's just this one file, we're also happy to take a look to see if we experience the same thing which would indicate the file corruption I mentioned for Pia. If you want to share here upload using the "Add attachment" button or send along to our Support Engineers here. They’re available 24/7 to assist!  

Hi Pia,

Thanks for checking those things.

File corruption isn't always predictable and often it's not reversible. We're happy to take a look at the project and see if there is anything we can do. You can upload it to our Support Engineers here, or share a copy of it here in the E-Learning Heroes community using the "add attachment" button.

In the meantime, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check: 

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Let me know if you send it along to our Support team and I can follow along! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.