Change State of Button

Mar 19, 2019

I use a standard format for our machine safety training modules.  I have logic in the trigger that reads, "Change state of BUTTON_Next1 to Normal when media completes.  The button overlays a text field.  I have created multiple training modules with this trigger navigation.  For the last three weeks, I am finding that the trigger works, but I cannot see the button on the slide.  I know it's there since the pointer changes to a hand, and the button functions taking me to the next slide.  However, the button is not visible.  Have others had this problem recently, and what is the fix?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Christopher! I'd love to get a couple more key details from you:

• What version and update of Storyline are you using? You can find out by going to Help >> About Storyline. We recently released a fix for an issue where slide objects would go missing, so you'll want to be sure you're on the latest update!
  • Does this happen in Storyline preview, or only after the file is published?
  • What web browser are you using for testing?
Leslie McKerchie

Thanks, Christopher.

We had an issue with objects not displaying properly in Chrome, but that was corrected in Storyline 360 Update 25, which you have.

Your published course is published with this version as well?

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.