Change State trigger not working

May 14, 2018

Hi,

I created Jeopardy type game in Storyline, and I created a trigger that changes the state of the next button to normal when all the questions have their states changed to "visited."  I have the next button hidden at the beginning of the game, and need the next button to show so the learner can navigate to the results slide.  After clicking on all the questions, I am returned to the gameboard, and all questions are in the visited state, yet my next button does not appear.  What am I doing wrong?   I am unable to attach my storyline file because of the content within it.  Any help you can give would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

Use an action performed by the system (or you), to initiate the trigger to show the Next button. "When state of XXX is .. " is not an action, and has been shown not to work if the slide has more than 5 triggers.

I suggest using "When timeline of Gameboard starts", or "When user clicks...". then adding "On condition all states are visited".

But be aware that if you are visiting other slides that have complex interactions, the "Visited" state is somewhat suspect in terms of reliability, so many of us created our own state.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.