Chrome Issue

Hi All, I have published a SCORM 1.2 Articulate Storyline 2 course on our LMS.
The course plays without issue on a PC using firefox, internet explorer, edge, safari. But when I tested the course on Google Chrome, the slide background and audio would play, but no images or text elements would show on the page.
I repeated the test using the SAME SCORM package on SCORM CLOUD and experienced the same results: OK on PC with other browser except Google Chrome.
Can anyone offer any insight into what might be causing this problem? I would like to ideally solve the problem, or, if the issue is related to the browser, advise on what settings to specify in order for the content to play properly. Thank you for your help!

15 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Ravi!

That does sound strange, and not what I'd expect to happen.

I'm happy to help investigate with you. Would you mind sharing your unpublished .story project file here so I can do some testing? You can add it as an attachment right to a comment. Let me know if there are certain slides in particular that are affected. 

Thanks for letting us know you're running into this, and I'm sorry if it's slowing down your workflow!

William Herrmann

I'm having a similar issue with Chrome only where several slides have extended gaps before moving on to the next slide and no its not any extra space past the audio.  Seems the link changes to below when in chrome.

https://www.dynamicinstitute.com/dwfs-uploads/Tally/CriminalRecordv2/story_html5.html?lms=1

Help!

Ali Goulet

Hmm, I am hearing and seeing the extra space after the audio ends when viewing that link. Thanks for providing that, William.

I want to make sure I'm understanding what the issue so we can get to the bottom of it together, but I need your help:

It looks like the seek bar timeline extends well beyond the audio- is that what you're not wanting?

Or

Is there something else you're seeing happen on a few slides? If so, can you let me know which slides are having the issue?

I'd also really like to do some testing with your course file to figure out what's happening here. Can you share your unpublished .story project file as an attachment to a comment in this thread?

Really appreciate you reaching out to us about this. 

Ravi Singh
Ali Goulet

Hey Ravi!

That does sound strange, and not what I'd expect to happen.

I'm happy to help investigate with you. Would you mind sharing your unpublished .story project file here so I can do some testing? You can add it as an attachment right to a comment. Let me know if there are certain slides in particular that are affected. 

Thanks for letting us know you're running into this, and I'm sorry if it's slowing down your workflow!

 

Hi Ali, could you please provide email id to send you source file.

Thanks!

Ali Goulet

Hey Bill- Thanks for sharing your file with me. That was an odd one! 

The slides you provided were using the timeline length from your Master Slide. Once I adjusted the Master Slide timeline length to be a little shorter, those slides are now playing at their correct length. 

I've attached the edited version here- let me know how it works for you! ☺️

Ali Goulet

Thanks for letting me know that, Ravi! That's great information to have. 

I've escalated your case to our Support Engineers for further investigation, and they'll be reaching out to you soon. I'm adding that detail to your case notes so all the info is in one place.

I'll also be following along with your case, as I'm curious to the cause here! 

Alyssa Gomez

Sorry you're hitting this snag, Hazel. I see you also reached out in this thread, and I'm happy to help. 

I took a peek into Ravi's case, and it appears the issue was file-specific. If you could share your file with our team, we'll help you pinpoint the culprit. 

If you do decide to open a case, let me know your case number so I can follow along!