Closed Captioning

Sep 22, 2014

Good Afternoon All,

I'm aware that there are some reach around's to getting this done. I'm also wondering if this was fixed in Articulate Storyline 2.

I already have the whole course built out, and the client has decided to add all audio as text as well. While i've seen some tips and tricks on here, i think it may not be time effective for the amount of raw text. For the whole course, there is nearly 3,000 words of audio. As a result, i think the closed captioning would take a significant amount of time. My other problem is that there is some graphs/clips that are closer to the bottom of the screen that would effect where the CC would go. 

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Austin,

Storyline 2 doesn't have a closed captioning feature included - and currently the only documented method I see is the one described here for SL1 (which should still work in SL2). 

Please feel free to share your thoughts on a closed captioning feature here, as those go directly to our product development team. Also, I hope that if the community has any new ideas and solutions to share they'll be able to pop in and share those here! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.