Closed Captions

Jul 11, 2018

I am attempting to include closed captions into my e-learn. My Player shows the Captions box is checked but when I publish the e-learn for preview, the Caption button appears quickly then disappears. First, how do I get the Captions button to stay on each slide? Second, do you have to manually build each caption? I would expect that whatever is in the Notes would automatically populate in captions. That seems like it would be an intuitive function is the Captions button is checked in the player.

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Alexandra!

It sounds like you already have Caption text in the Notes pane of the Storyline player, and you would also like the caption text to appear on the slide. 

That's where the Closed Captions Editor comes in. Simply select the video or audio track on the slide, go to the Options tab on the Storyline ribbon, then click Add Captions. 

There you'll see where you can add closed caption text below the audio waveform. 

After you've added captions to a slide, the closed caption button in the player will be enabled for the learner to click.

Give it a go, and let me know if you need any help along the way!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.