Closed Captions not showing up on Preview since update 2/1/2018

Feb 01, 2018

I've been able to preview the cc's without issue on the Storyline 360 trial, but the licensed version isn't showing them. The cc button is there and appears clickable, but the captions don't. They will show on publish okay, but it's an inconvenient way to proof your the file. My colleague just ran the Storyline 360 update, and has the same problem now. Any fixes?

40 Replies
Shiraz Papas

Hi Catherine

I'm experiencing the same issue:

• Imported an audio file
  • Used the audio editor to create the captions
  • Used the standard caption feature in the player panel
  • It's not displaying in preview 

Has this been resolved?  If so what is the solution?  If not, where can I log a support ticket so that it goes to the same people who are already onto this?  I can't upload any files to this page.

Thanks for your help,

Shiraz Papas

anja mansfield

I'm experiencing the same issue and I'm using Storyline 3. I cannot see the captions in preview mode OR when I publish it. I've used them before in other courses.  In fact I have another course open and everything is set the same and I can see the captions option in preview and when I publish. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Shiraz,

Sorry to hear that you've run into an issue with this as well.

If the issue is simply with Preview, we do have this logged and this thread is attached so that we can update you as soon as we are able.

If you're seeing a different issue or it's happening post publish, we would want to take a look at your file here.

Kate Kromer

Hello,

I'm just checking to see if this issue has been resolved, since I'm experiencing this behavior as well. In my case, I can no longer see my imported captions in the Timeline or Preview modes. I only see them when I publish. The cc functionality worked in all modes previously and I've only started experiencing these problems following the recent software upgrade. 

Thanks for any updates!

Kate 

Steven Walsh

Here it is.

Steven Walsh

Reply to Closed Captions not showing up on Preview since update 2/1/2018

Ashley Terwilliger replied:

Hi Steven,

It does look like Maria shared an example .story file with us, but I'd be
happy to take a look at yours! Can you upload it here using the Add
Attachment button?

Kate, Virginia and LJ, - we'll let you know as soon as this update is ready!

Alyssa Gomez

Hey folks!

I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 13 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where closed captions weren't appearing correctly in HTML5. 

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Emalyn Lim

Hi,

I keep having  caption texts overlap after I clicked on REPLAY button. Before the lastest UPDATE v3.13 in Storyline 360, I'm still able to avoid the overlaps by avoiding the audio files in a slide to overlap each other and adjust the captions in the closed caption editor mode to fit nicely with the audio wave.

But now, there are overlaps happening after I updated the version. 

In addition, there is always a small glitch of caption appearance which it is supposed to appear later. Most of the time this issue occurs the most.

Please see the attached screencap to see the error. This happens during preview and also after published to SCORM 2004, 4th edition, HTML with flash fallback.

How can I avoid this issue? Anyone with the same issue?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Emalyn,

Thanks for sharing your file and the image. I see that it occurs for me when clicking the Rewind  (or replay) button on the seekbar. I tried clicking around the seekbar to different points, and I wasn't able to replicate it that way. Can you let me know if you saw it occur at any other point than just using the replay button on the seekbar?

I'm sending this to my team as a software bug, so I'll keep you posted on that here! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.