cmi.suspend_data: Variable Types
Nov 22, 2016
I've read https://articulate.com/support/article/exceeding-scorm-suspend-data-limits and other discussions here, but my specific comment is regarding:
Variables and Suspend Data
Background: We use variables to store both module complete and module progress, meaning if someone opens one of the menu items and starts through that module in the course, then returns to the main menu, it stores that they opened the course giving a partial complete indicator for them to reference. When the course is complete, they are giving an indicator that the course is complete. We rely on the course complete indicators to send a SCORM complete to Moodle, allowing the learner to next access the final exam.
- We have one course that works perfectly has 183 slides, it utilizes the Text variable type to store module complete and module progress.
- The course that's giving us trouble has 97 slides was developed using True/False variable type for module complete and Number variable type for Module Progress.
- Is there data or direction provided by Articulate regarding variables and which ones store less data in cmi.suspend_data ?
- Are other articles available beyond https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-2/articles/adding-variables that discusses variables and cmi.suspend_data?
- Articulate Storyline 2
- Tested course in SCORM Cloud to determine error message "cmi.suspend_data is exceeded beyond the allowable 4096 characters"
- Courses operate within Moodle 3.1.1+ (Build: 20160908)
- SCORM 1.2