Color Eye Dropper in Storyline 360

Nov 22, 2016

I am trying to use the eye dropper to select a color for a shape, to get shapes to blend into the background.  When I click on the eye dropper there is a color square that pops up in the upper left section of the screen and I cannot select a color, the computer just dings at me till I hit the esc key.  I have attached a screen capture of what is happening. 

4 Replies
Doug Adams

Leslie, thanks for the response. Yes, my display is set to 96 DPI already, and this was working properly before. I use it to match outlines and shapes to the tones in an image all the time. It still works in PowerPoint, but since I installed the trial of Articulate 360 it no longer works in Storyline 360 nor does it work in Storyline 2.

If I select the "More Fill Colors" option the eyedropper works, but not from the drop down on Shape Fill or Shape Outline in the menu bar.

Thanks,
Doug Adams

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for the details Doug. Based on that description, I checked a VM where I have both SL360 and SL2 installed and they are both working as expected. I would advise a repair of your software (here is link for SL360) to see if you can get this working correctly again and if you continue having difficulty you can work directly with a support engineer here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.