Color Picker

Dec 28, 2022

Hello Everybody, 

I'm having an issue with the color picker when using it to fill shapes with colors from an image on the same slide. When I use the color picker and hover over the color I want, it flickers between white, grey, and the color I want. Once I click, it chooses white or grey, not the color I want.

Can anyone help?

12 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Natalie,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue when trying to use the color picker. Does it happen with one specific image or project, or multiple?

If you're comfortable sharing your file with us, I'd be happy to take a look to investigate further. You can upload it You can upload it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

Mareliza Kirschbaum

I am having exactly the same issue. I have the latest version of Storyline and cannot use the colour picker to fill shapes. My issue is exactly the same as above. It is definitely something that broke during the course of last year, because this is an issue that I have been having in the last 2-3 versions of Storyline. In the example I have attached, , I cannot change the colour of the white shape to yellow to match the shape above it.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Mareliza,

Sorry to hear that you ran into issues with using the color picker. 

I tried to replicate the behavior on my end to see if I will encounter something similar and it looks like the color picker worked without any issues in my test. 

Since the issue appears to be isolated to your installation, try doing a repair of Storyline 360 to see if this helps! 

If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

Eric Santos

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for reaching out! You've shared that the color picker issue happens with your colleague, but you're not experiencing it. This situation points to a possible installation problem with your colleague. Please have them run these steps to repair Storyline, as Joe recommended above.

We'd be glad to investigate further if the problem persists. Please open a case using the link below for more targeted help.

Submit a Support Case

Pierre Jouan

Hello Eric,

After further investigation, it's linked to her dual screen with different PPI settings (laptop is 125%, external monitor is 100%).

Mine is a tower with two identical monitors at 100% display scaling so no issue here.

No problem when she uses only her laptop monitor, problem back when connecting second monitor and gone if she sets scaling at 125% on the external monitor (but it's ugly).

It looks like Storyline color picker and screen PPI is a long term issue so please fix this :https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/color-picker-eyedropper-doesn-t-work?page=4

Thanks.

Jordan M

I use one monitor only. Since I last updated, the color picker is a mess. It takes 5 times longer to use AND after I select the custom color I want, 30% of the time as I exit the color picker it randomly picks another color. Please revert back to the old color picker. Don't know why it was ever changed. If it ain't broke don't fix it!  Now it's broken.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Jordan, 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the color picker feature. 

I'd like to ask a few questions to help isolate the cause. 

If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can check why the color picket is no longer working properly for you.