Completed online course without a test designed in Articulate Storyline 360 doesn't disappear from to do list in Cornerstone

Nov 28, 2019

Hello, I am testing out assigning in Cornerstone the online courses designed in Articulate Storyline 360. When I assigned curriculum with the online course in it that contains a test with a passing score (in my case 80%) - setting wise everything is working perfectly. If as a user I have not scored 80% the curriculum stays in my training. When I achieve 80% it disappears. However, if I assign a curriculum with an online course that contains just the content (no test), when, as a user, I completed it, it doesn't disappear from my training. It says "in progress". I have the setting in the course design on the very last slide that says: Completed course as Completed/Passed when User clicks submit button. I also have a setting in the course design: Exit course when user clicks submit button. Are there any settings that should be used additionally in Cornerstone or Articulate to make a course disappear from the training list once a curriculum has been completed?...

I also tested assigning the online course not as a curriculum but just as an online class - it stays in my training too when I completed the course.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Thanks,
Yulia

3 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Yulia,

Thank you for reaching out! 

While I am not familiar with Cornerstone LMS, I want to point out that each LMS can interpret completion and success statuses differently. We recommend choosing Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed when setting the reporting/tracking options for the course. These options are most likely to record both completion and success statuses in your LMS. 

Since you do not see the statuses you are expecting, you also may want to ask your LMS  provider if a specific reporting option or LMS standard is required to record completion.

Yulia S

Hi Vincent! I cannot add Passed/incomplete or Passed/Failed because the course doesn't contain the result slide: it has only the content slides. I fixed the problem though by adding a trigger to the very last content slide in the course: "submit results" for this last slide "when the timeline starts". I removed the "complete course" trigger on the slide and I kept "exit course" trigger. So this way Cornerstone LMS reads the course that contains only the content as complete.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.