CompressLenghtMismatch Storyline Articulate 360

Apr 03, 2017

An error occurred while I was working; a message from the program told me to describe what was happening and that it was going to close.

I wrote the feedback and the program closed, I opened it again a couple of minutes later and I can't save it because the message CompressLenghtMismatch appears, but before that, a window tells me that someone might have been working with may project and suggests me to save a copy, that´s when the CompressLenghtMismatch appears. 

Why is this happening?

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Tannia!  Can you try opening a new project and importing the slides from the original project?  Other folks who have encountered this error message (and other messages regarding file corruption) have been able to successfully recover their slides that way.

The cause of file corruption is really hard to diagnose because of all the elements involved (network drives, operating systems, anti-virus software, automatic back-up software, etc).  You can follow these tips to reduce the risk of file corruption.

Let us know if importing your slides works!

Tannia Lozano

Hi,

I followed the instructions in the link that you gave me and I think I made
it. I could open it again and save it in different copies.
I hope it works.

I opened it using the backup from %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

Thanks a lot, I'm still shaking a bit.

My projects are very long and very heavy, do you recommend that I divide in
in smaller sections to prevent this issue?

For example, I have four courses, each 12 scenes long and around 2 to 5
gigas.

Crystal Horn

Hi Tannia--thanks for following up!  I'm so glad that you were able to recover a working version of your course.  Whew....  :)

A lot of the talk in the community is trending toward smaller course size.  We would never want to advise you on how to build your course, but we do subscribe to the idea that smaller courses are better and just as efficient for both the author and the learners.

Here are a few discussions about course size:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.