Controlling Shape Position in Storyline 360

May 31, 2019

My apologies for asking what is probably a simple question.  I couldn't find either a quick solution or discussion of a similar issue.  I am fairly new to Storyline and still mastering the basics.

I have a drag/drop exercise that is working perfectly, except for a rounded rectangle shape, brown in color at upper left.  I used a shape rather than a text box because I wanted the triangle sloping down to the character, to make it a speech balloon.

My problem is that, when I preview, the rounded rectangle moves right. Depending on my device selection, it's either a little off or way off (see screen shots).  No other objects jump around, only this rectangle.  I appreciate any advice.

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi John,

I'm not sure why your rectangle is moving when everything else stays put, but one thing that is apparent is that your text is separate to your rectangle and so I assume you have inserted a text box over the top of your shape, which isn't necessary.

The image below was produced by selecting a speech bubble (callout) from the shapes drop-down list and then simply typing in the text when the shape was selected, followed by a bit of formatting to get the bold font where needed and adjust sizing as necessary (same applies to any other shapes where you want to include text):

Although this may not necessarily solve your "moving rectangle" issue, it should at least keep the text inside the shape.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.