Converting PowerPoint to Articulate

Oct 15, 2018

Hi everyone, 

I will need some help or advice on this issue. I am using Articulate 360 (Build 1.20.16814.0) have inserted a MP4 video within my PowerPoint . The video plays by just hovering over the video. However, when launching a preview of the slide, the video does not play automatically or when clicking on it. Nothing is happening, I just have a screenshot of the first image of the video. Is anyone would know why the video does not play when previewing the course ? Will it work afterwards when publishing and implementing the course on a LMS platform ? 

Thanks a million for your help,

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Dorita,

I see where you reached out in this conversation as well, but it looks like we did not hear back from Fran.

It looks like they did reach out to our support team and the solution was to be sure that you are adding the video to the Articulate Tab in PowerPoint vs. directly in PowerPoint.

If you could share your Articulate Package, we could take a look.

I did notice that this conversation is posted in the Storyline forum, but based on your two posts, I assumed you were using Presenter 360, but just let me know if that's not the case.

I look forward to helping you out.

Dorita Canton

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am really new to all this and really could do with some help. I watched lots of videos but still struggle with a few things.
I believe I use Articulate Storyline 360 ( I don’t really even understand the differences) I got the License from my Management team with the aim of transforming 200 PowerPoint Presentations into Articulate.

Thank you very much for the suggestion with the video 😊 It’s a bit of work but it works to add them like that!

I have another Issue you might be able to assist with.
I use on all PowerPoints the same Company Theme but when converting into a e-learning, the pages are displayed as #

[cid:image002.jpg@01D466D6.2C5E0260]

Thank you and regards
Dorita Canton

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Dorita,

Glad that worked for you. I appreciate you chiming in with an update.

I think I can help you with those page numbers as well :)

PowerPoint's slide number placeholder is supported in Articulate Presenter. For it to work properly in your published course, the slide number placeholder must be placed in the slide master footer. Here's how:

1. Go to the View tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click Slide Master.
  2. Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click Slide Number.
  3. Mark the Slide number box and click Apply to All.

Dorita Canton

Hi Leslie,

I followed your instruction but have still the same issue when publishing. Here a sample.
https://dcanton.articulate-online.com/4650369010

Also the videos seem very blurry. Is there any way I can make them more clear?
P.S I know I am not using the full features Articulate is offering. For now I focus on getting the content available and will than work on the fine print 😉

Thank you and regards,
Dorita Canton

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.