Converting Storyline 2 projects to Articulate 360

Dec 06, 2016

Are users able to easily convert Storyline 2 projects to Articulate 360 format?

16 Replies
Meredith Hill

Thanks Wendy. So, I can open and covert SL2 files in SL360.

Clarify...why would I need to open SL360 files in SL2?

Thanks,
Meredith

Reply to Converting Storyline 2 projects to Articulate 360

Wendy Farmer replied:

Hi Meredith

do you mean developers opening a SL2 file in SL360 - yes? but not the other way around.

View

Wendy Farmer

Hi Meredith

I was just confirming that the versions are NOT backward compatible.

So when you open a SL2 project in SL360, SL will create a backup of the SL2 file (which can still be opened in SL2) but the original file will become a SL360 file.  This upgrade file cannot be opened in SL2, if you or another developer needed to edit it they would need access to SL360 or use the SL2 copy.

You won't be able to collaborate on files if one developer is using SL2 and the other SL360.

Lisa Francescon

Thanks All!  I was able to upload the file and send it Victor at Articulate support. He somehow managed to find an image in the file that was not formatted as a .png or jpg file.  Not sure what kind of magic he worked to find it, but he did.  Then he reformatted the image into a picture (png) and added it back.  After that small change I was able to upgrade the file to SL360 with no issues.  Since he told me which image was causing the problem, I was able to fix the Spanish and Portuguese files myself  by replacing that one image.   I'm good to go on all three files now!

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Carolyn. So sorry you're getting that error!

I haven't seen other reports of this message, and I'd love to help get that sorted for you. First, let's try to upload the LMS package to SCORM Cloud, another LMS environment, to see if we see the same message.

If you see it happen in SCORM Cloud, that tells us that the issue lies in Storyline. From there, I'll dig in to find the culprit!

Let me know if you need a hand along the way! With your permission, I'll investigate the .story file and will delete it after troubleshooting. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Harsha and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are running into when updating your Storyline 2 course to Storyline 360.

I'm not aware of any similar reports or issues.

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Megan,

Thank you for reaching out! 

I am not aware of a snag where blurry text appears after upgrading a Storyline 2 course. 

If you can share your file with us, we're always more than happy to help! You can share files privately with us using this link here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete them after having a closer look. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.