Converting Storyline 360 project to an APP

May 02, 2019

I have seen version of this question, and I saw a demo that someone presented at DevLearn using PhoneGap to create an app from a storyline project (a conference app).  I've created a project for our conference using that demo file (storyline 360), but for the life of me, I CANNOT figure out how to use PhoneGap or Cordova to make it an app.

My background is as a teacher.  I am not a coder.  I tried uploading a zipfile into the builder, and it says there is no index.html file.  I am so out of my element.  If there an actual tutorial out there for someone who doesn't know the lingo or coding that could hold my hand and help me?

2 Replies
Ian Tecson

Hi Laurie, 

You should be able to take the HTML5 output, upload it to PhoneGap and have it create the app for you. Although I haven't tried it myself, I've seen this inquiry multiple times here and they are able to make it work. There are some feedback though that the finished product won't be as good as a native app as the limitations and performance quirks that apply to HTML5 will also apply to your finished app. If you search the forum for PhoneGap, you'll find a few other threads that discuss this in more detail.

Here's a blogpost that I think can help:

https://blog.keypointlearn.com/2013/09/17/turning-a-storyline-project-into-an-android-app/

Learning on how to develop the app itself can take a lot of time and you might want to consider getting someone in person to help you during the development.

But if you want to learn it quick and you have the luxury of time, you can spend more time searching for the articles here and from other forums too, or search a video from you tube detailing the steps and conversion. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.