Copyright with 360

Aug 21, 2019

I'm fairly confident in the answers to these, but it would be great if someone could point me to a statement or part of the agreement that addresses these:

1. If I create a course with 360 and no longer keep my license, does that mean a client can no longer use the course?

2. If I have a license paid by employer, am I able to produce content outside of my employer's hours and on my own personal machine to distribute outside of my employer?

3. Any other concerns regarding copyright and 360 that does not involve content specific copyright issues (in other words, obviously stealing content and placing it within the course would be illegal; I'm specifically looking for information regarding the 2 aforementioned questions and anything else I may have missed).

Thank you!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jeff,

Happy to help here and provide some light on these potentially sticky issues! 

1.  For any content you create in Articulate 360, there are specific steps to take and ensure your content is accessible after your trial or subscription is over. They're outlined in this article for all Articulate 360 products: Here’s What to Do Before Cancelling Your Subscription
    Bottom line: Anything you've exported/published and uploaded to your webserver/LMS learners can still access. Any direct Share links to Rise 360 or Review 360 content will still be available for 6 months after the end date. 
  2. Under the Articulate 360 terms of service, you are allowed to install on two computers, like a home computer and a work computer.   While we don’t make a distinction on whether you are using it to create content for work or personal use or the hours you create content, you may want to check with your employer!
  3. If you’re using a licensed copy of Articulate software, you own the rights to any and all content you create. This means you're entitled to use the published output as you please, including:

- Posting your content to any website
    - Distributing your content via email
    - Charging learners a fee to access your content
    - Securing your content on a password-protected website
    - Hosting your content in a learning management system (LMS)
    - Distributing your content via CD or DVD

Also, you are free to use the assets in Content Library 360 in content you intend to sell to the public. They're all royalty free for commercial and non-commercial use—no attribution required.

Hope that helps, and happy to answer any other questions here, or if you'd you can reach out to our team directly! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.