Corrupt file

Dec 01, 2015

I have been working on a project for 4 months in Storyline 2, and after the recent automatic upgrade of some sort the project is not opening and is listed as"corrupted"  .  The other three projects were not affected.  What should I do now?  How can I open this project ?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Noor,

I'm sorry to hear about your file. Have you tried importing it into a new project already? Also, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer:

%appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anita, 

I'm so sorry you're stuck in this pickle too. Did you already check the temp folder to see if there was a copy of your file there? 

Here's how to check: 

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer:  

%Appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 

2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 

3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 

4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Unfortunately, if the file is not there, it sounds like there isn't another copy of your file available. Sadly once a file is corrupt, there isn't anything we can do to repair it. Looking in your temp folders and files is our best recommendation to find an earlier version and then follow those guidelines to prevent any future issues. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.