Corrupt Storyline file? won't publish to Review 360

Jul 26, 2021

I have a file that has been problematic.  It first acted up with inserting a table from word, it would freeze up. This happened repeatedly until I just made the table in Story Line. Now that same file won't publish to Review 360. It just simple stops at uploading the course. I have tried to both publish a new version of the course as well as create a new name for the course.  If I just walk away - trying to use patience while it is paused on uploaded, Storyline just closes.

I don't want to lose this file, it is almost done! Is there a work around?

5 Replies
Shari Centrone

I have one of 17 Storyline files for a new Course that will also NOT publish to Review and no idea why. I have tried to save as another name, copy the slides to an entirely new Storyline and also deleted all previously existing "published" Storyline files. Like Kris, this "module" is complete and needs to be reviewed and uploaded to LMS. The one thing I did notice is this particular Storyline did not show "encoding audio" as others have. Help needed, please!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Shari.

Thank you for reaching out! Let me ask if you a few questions to narrow down the issue:

• Your error message shows that the folder you are trying to open the file from is called DROPBOX. Is this folder one that syncs with Dropbox? If so, is smart sync turned on? 
  • Smart sync could have the same issues as working on a network drive. We recommend working from a local hard drive. Can you copy the file to your desktop and try again?
  • Have you attempted to repair Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

Let me know if those help you! 

Shari Centrone

Hi Maria -

Thanks so much for these tips! Yes, Dropbox is our shared network folder. But, I installed the update and things seem to be going much better.

I appreciate this added info, though.

Thank you!

[A picture containing clipart Description automatically generated]