Corrupted Text when Publishing with Latest Version of Storyline

I produced a large eLearning piece about a year ago using the previous version of Storyline.  I updated to the latest version about a month ago. I have just had a client request to republish one of the original courses into a stand alone version. Whenever I publish any projects written using the previous version of Storyline all my text formatting appears corrupted - different sizes, text not fitting on the screen.  I don't get any error messages but the content is unusable.

I need to get this file off to the client ASAP - any suggestions? Should I try and re-install the previous version of Storyline and, if so, where do I find it?


5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jeremy,

I see that you're still working with Jonathan and he shared that when looking at your file everything looked as expected. He then shared a few screenshots and the following information:

If it's only happening in your end, I think it has something to do with your screen resolution settings. 

Storyline will function as expected when Windows is set to 96 DPI (dots per inch). 

Storyline doesn't currently support 120 DPI. If your system is set to 120 DPI, you may experience erratic behavior, such as: 

* Elements of the application are misplaced or distorted. 
* Objects are misplaced or distorted when previewed or published. 
* Zoomed images don't work as expected. 
* Font sizes are incorrect after using the translation features. 

Here's how you can switch to 96 DPI.