Course passing 100% score with Incomplete status

May 02, 2017

Storyline 2 update 11: 1609.3020

Course is published using quiz results and reporting status as 'Passed/Incomplete'.

I've checked all my setting in Storyline and can't see why its not reporting 'Passed' status.

I'm using SCORM 2004, 4th edition

I've uploaded course to SCORM cloud, and after successfully completing the course the sandbox is showing completion as 'Incomplete' Success 'unknown' and Score 100%.

Anyone had this before and know how to fix it.

26 Replies
Carole Batterman-West

You're right.  It was a mistake when I was replicating the functionality of the bigger course which we are creating.  I've made the change so the last slide the learner gets to is the Results slide.  When exiting by closing the browser the same issue happens.  SCORM cloud shows Incomplete; Unknown and 0% score (which is the only thing that is correct).

Prod XOS

Hi there,

I have the same problem with a prototype of course I am building. I uploaded my SCORM with 4 differents reporting status on my LMS and none of them are working. I then tried changing SCORM 2004 4th edition to 2nd edition and it is still not working.

I have then decided to make a test on SCORM Cloud and it does not work either. The score is 100% but the status is incomplete and failed.

Can you help ? I am attaching my story file for review.

Thanks !!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Maxime,

Thanks for sharing your file with me! I also tested it on SCORM Cloud, and I received a "Failed" status even though I scored 100% on the quiz. I'm not seeing anything in your file that would cause that to happen, so I'd like our Support Engineers to weigh in on this.

Thanks for also opening a case--you're one step ahead of me! Our team will take a closer look at your file and reach out to you via email as soon as they have more to share.

Prod XOS

Hi Alyssa,

I have almost finished my project and produced 9 modules based on that prototype, and your help and the Support team's help was really valuable.

8 of the 9 modules work fine, but one of them (RRH05) still shows "Incomplete" status on SCORM Cloud when scoring 100%, even though I have the same settings as the other modules (publication settings, Results slides... etc). Could you help me to find out why this module's status doesn't show as complete ? 

I have enclosed a story file of the problematic module (RRH05), as well as a file from a module that works ok (RRH06) when uploaded in SCORM 1.2 (the requirement for this project). 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Maxime

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Maxime,

Sorry to hear you're running into this problem again. I've combed over both files, and I'm not seeing any differences in the settings. I don't see why RRH06 would work correctly and RRH05 wouldn't.

I'm going to share your file with our Support Engineers to get some more eyes on this. Be on the lookout for an email from our team.

Patty Brandt

Hello everyone!

I created a course and regardless of the setting used for LMS Reporting: Passed/Incomplete, Passed/Failed, Completed/Incomplete, Completed/Failed, I could not get a "Completed" or "Passed" status with a passing score of 100%. I reached out to Articulate and they were able to replicate the issue and come up with a solution.

Recommended Workaround: To resolve the issue, delete your current Results Slide and replace it with a new one. Republish your project for LMS then replace the files in your server. Make sure that you clear your browser cache before testing.

I rebuilt the slide using Passed/Incomplete but Passed/Failed should work as well as that setting was tested by Articulate.

I have tested this workaround on two different courses and it seems to be a reliable solution for the time being.

Alyssa Gomez

Good news, everyone!

We just released Update 20 for Storyline 360–click here to read all about it!

One of the fixes addresses the issue where the completion and success status were not recorded if the final result slide was tracking other result slides. 

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. 😁

Alexis Brannan

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue as some above: If I track by completion action, the score doesn't come through, but if I use the test results to complete the activity, the score comes through but shows as incomplete even though the score is a passing one. I am publishing to Scorm 1.2 on Storyline 360. I have deleted the results slide and added a  new one back in per the suggestions above. Is there anything I might be missing?

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Alexis,

Thanks for reaching out to share what you are experiencing in your course and the troubleshooting that you've done so far.

Alyssa shared an update above with a solution from our team. Please be sure that you are on the latest update, which is now Update 24.

If you need us to take a look at your project file, I'd be happy to investigate it with your permission. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Debbie Key

Hello support team!

I am also experiencing the same issue as described above and have tried the 'Results Slide' method without success. I am diligent about updates and have downloaded all updates as they come through.  I have published in all formats from SCORM 1.2 through to Tin Can to see if there is any variance and all formats are coming out with the same result which the LMS cannot read. Score 100%, Completion Status- Incomplete, Success Status- Unknown in both SCORM Cloud and the LMS.

I will upload the file privately to protect business interests. Hoping you can help.

Debbie Key

Actually after posting to Support, I found the problem through another eLearning Heroes discussion url- https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/lms-says-incomplete-even-after-getting-100-questions-right#reply-582438

So simple but just shows you stop checking the simple when using templates and most of them being perfect!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.