Courses won't preview in 360

Jan 07, 2019

I've just switched from Storyline 3 to 360 and when I try and preview a course it won't work. It starts with the big buffer circle and in the middle and then switches to a small one like in the attached picture and doesn't launch the course. 

This is also the case when I publish to the web. 

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Edit : They also do the same thing when published in Articulate ReviewBuffer

12 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for the additional information, Howard.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If it's happening in any/all files, you should certainly conduct a repair of your software if it's the latest version or be sure to update if you're not.

David Moon

What was the resolution to this issue?  I appear to be experiencing the same.  I have tried both the proposed fixes, to no avail.  I am running the latest version of Storyline, in Windows 10. When previewed, the Player (Classic or Modern) shows, with the menu, but the content does not display: a 'wheel of death' spins, unable to load.  Previewing on the slide also does not work.  Could this be a Windows 10 error or is there an Articulate fix?

Vincent Scoma

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out! In the previous case mentioned, it appears that a corrupt button was causing this issue. Is this issue affecting one course specifically or multiple courses? 

If you need our help to take a look at your file, we're always more than happy to help! You can share files in this thread here, or you’re always welcome to share them privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.